Internet Standard Policy
Rocky Mountaineer/GCRC is pleased to support agents who wish to sell Rocky Mountaineer products utilizing our brand positioning and images. However, we have criteria, similar to those used by other major tour operators, that must be followed.
GCRC holds registered trademarks and stringently protects them for: Great Canadian Railtour Company, Rocky Mountaineer, Rocky Mountaineer Railtours, Rocky Mountaineer Vacations, GoldLeaf Service, SilverLeaf Service, Coastal Passage, Journey through the Clouds, First Passage to the West, and Rainforest to Gold Rush.
Distribution partners may not copy the look and feel of our site and may not create the impression from the appearance of the website, or from any content in the website, that their website is our website or a part of it. They are not allowed to take the content in its exact form and publish to their website..
The design and content of the RM website is owned and copyrighted by GCRC and no part may be "mirrored" or copied for inclusion in an alternate website or domain without prior consent of RM and GCRC. Rocky Mountaineer is most concerned that the design and copy of an agency website reflect the fact that the agency is selling RM tours, and is not the operator. We ask that your presentation of RM clearly reflects this.
The The "Rocky Mountaineer" (RM) logo cannot be used on any page that does not also contain your agency logo. Additional criteria for content usage specifies the following:
- The RM logo has to be smaller in size than your agency's logo.
- The RM logo cannot exceed 200 pixels in width or 100 pixels in height.
- The RM logo cannot be altered.
- The words Rocky Mountaineer cannot be used in any page title tag that does not also contain the name of your agency.
- All links to the RM web site should read: ''Rocky Mountaineer" and link to https://www.rockymountaineer.com.
- Downloaded images should only be reduced in size, not enlarged or modified in any other fashion.
All images must be identified or related to the selling or promotion of RM, not rail travel in general. All images, artwork and maps offered are owned and copyrighted by RM and GCRC and may not be used without the express permission of RM and GCRC.
- GCRC prohibits the use of copyrighted text, content, graphics, video clips, still photographs and other materials (“Content”) from (i) any GCRC website, (ii) any other website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by GCRC, or (iii) or any other website that contains the copyrighted material of GCRC (the “Sites”) without GCRC’s prior written consent.
- If you wish to use any material from the Sites, you may do so if GCRC grants you written permission subject to any condition that GCRC may in its sole discretion impose on you, or your use.
- Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis. GCRC does not allow the reposting of any of its Content, except pursuant to a specific separate agreement.
- Our Corporate Standards page outlines GCRC’s “Corporate Standard Guidelines” and requirements for using GCRC’s copyrighted material.
- You may use the GCRC Trademarks (as defined below) solely in accordance with the Corporate Standards Guidelines.
- All Content on all Sites is protected by Canadian copyright and international treaties and may not be copied without the express prior written permission of GCRC, which reserves all rights, including the right to deny a request for copying content of the Sites. Use of any Content online for any purpose without written permission is strictly prohibited.
- Copying or adapting the HTML, or any part thereof that creates the Sites pages is strictly prohibited. The HTML code also is covered by GCRC’s copyright.
- “Mirroring”, “caching”, “deep linking” or “framing” of the Sites or other similar techniques that, directly or indirectly, use or attempt to use the Sites is strictly forbidden.
- You may only use a GCRC name, marks, trade names, or trademark, whether registered or unregistered, or other logos of GCRC (“Mark”) with the prior express written permission of GCRC, which will be subject to the following terms and conditions, in addition to any other terms and conditions that GCRC deems advisable, in its sole discretion.
- GCRC reserves the right, at any time, to revoke any license granted to you to use any Mark, without cost, charge or liability.
- You may only use a Mark in accordance with the Corporate Standards Guidelines.
- Each Mark may only be used in association with the services or wares that GCRC designates in writing to you.
- When directed by GCRC, you will use the registered trademark symbol ® or the trademark symbol ™, as required.
- Each Mark may be used only under a written license from GCRC and any and all unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.
- When using a Mark, never intentionally vary the spelling, add or delete hyphens, make one word two, or use a possessive or plural form of the Mark. GCRC word Marks must always be used as adjectives followed by a generic term (such as “software” or “system”), and never as nouns or verbs.
- GCRC is the owner of all right, title, and interest in the Marks and you agree that you will not during the term of any agreement with GCRC or afterward, challenge the validity of GCRC’s ownership of the Marks. You shall not reproduce or use (or authorize the reproduction or use of) the Marks in any manner other than expressly authorized by GCRC.
- GCRC may from time to time modify the Marks. GCRC will use commercially reasonable efforts to give you advance notice of such modifications. You will be obligated to make changes to the Marks and their use immediately upon direction from GCRC, including, but not limited to, immediately ceasing all use of any Mark.
- In order to assure compliance, you will, upon request from GCRC, provide samples of any marketing and advertising materials that include the Marks.
- In any place where they appear together, the Marks and any associated text must be at least as large as the trademark and text of another vendor.
Search Engine Marketing
Marks: Distribution partners may not intentionally utilize any name, marks, trade names, or trademark, whether registered or unregistered, or other logos of GCRC (“Marks”) or any confusingly similar name, including, but not limited to, misspellings of any Mark, on any website optimization or pay-for-placement search engine, including, but not limited to, google.com, yahoo.com, bing.com and msn.com. Contextual marketing is prohibited unless approved by RM in writing in advance.
Restricted Keyword List: RM has created a "Restricted Keyword List". Distribution partners are not permitted to use any Marks or any words in the Restricted Keyword List for any search engine marketing or online advertising, or bid on, register, purchase, or list such Marks or words in any search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service or any other search or referral service.
To prevent Restricted Keywords from being automatically bid on/purchased via broad match bidding, distribution partners are required to add the Restricted Keywords listed (exact match type recommended) to their negative keywords list within their search engine marketing accounts.
Restricted Keyword List:
- Rocky Mountaineer
- Rocky Mountaineer Railtours
- Rocky Mountaineer rail tours
- Rocky Mountaineer GoldLeaf Service
- Rocky Mountaineer First Passage to the West
- Rocky Mountaineer Coastal Passage
- SilverLeaf Service
- GoldLeaf Service
- Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
- Rocky Mountaineer train
- Rocky Mountaineer rail
- Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service
- Rocky Mountaineer Journey through the Clouds
- Rocky Mountaineer Rainforest to Gold Rush
- Journey through the Clouds
- Rainforest to Gold Rush
- First Passage to the West
- Coastal Passage
Eligible Keyword Rule: Distribution partners are permitted to bid on/purchase Rocky Mountaineer keywords as long as it’s in combination with other relevant keywords. For example: the keyword “Rocky Mountaineer” is restricted but “Rocky Mountaineer Tour Packages” is eligible.
Other eligible keywords include:
Rocky Mountaineer Vacations Packages
Rocky Mountaineer Holiday Packages
Rocky Mountaineer Rail Tour Packages
Rocky Mountaineer Trips
Rocky Mountaineer Train Tours
Rocky Mountaineer Train Journeys
Rocky Mountaineer Rail Packages
Rocky Mountaineer Specials
Rocky Mountaineer Prices
Landing Page Rule: Distribution partners must ensure that all Rocky Mountaineer search engine advertising directs users to a landing page which is dedicated to Rocky Mountaineer and must not sell competitor offers. Landing pages must clearly indicate that the travel agent/agency is the owner or operator. Distribution partners who do not abide by this rule will not be permitted to use Rocky Mountaineer keywords as part of their search engine marketing campaign. RM will conduct regular audits of our partners’ landing pages to ensure adherence to this policy.
Termination & Repayment: Distribution partners who do not observe the "Restricted Keyword List" or abide by the “Eligible Keyword Rule” are not eligible for any payments by RM for any of their sales and will be terminated and cease to be distribution partners of RM upon written notice from RM. A distribution partner will be required to refund any payments made by RM during any period of time that a distribution partner failed to comply with these terms and conditions.
Changes to Restricted Keyword List: RM may, in its sole discretion, at any time amend, modify, change, alter, add or delete any words in the “Restricted Keyword List”. When updates and modifications are made to this policy, RM will send an updated version to partners alerting them of the changes. It is a distribution partner’s obligation to comply with any change to the Restricted Keyword List. A full review of the policy will also be conducted by RM on an annual basis and any resulting changes will be announced to our partners.