Happy Travel Agent Day
Vancouver, BC (May 1, 2019) – In recognition of May 1 being Travel Agent Day, Rocky Mountaineer is honouring our travel agent partners. Travel agents are incredibly valuable to Rocky Mountaineer as they guide our guests throughout the booking process and help us to deliver a seamless end-to-end guest experience. Travel agents account for approximately 80% of our sales globally, so we truly think of them as an extension of our team.
As a thank-you to travel agents and all they do for Rocky Mountaineer, we are highlighting two key resources we have to support our ongoing partnerships.
TRACKS is Rocky Mountaineer's online training program to prepare travel agents to sell Rocky Mountaineer's tours and packages. Our TRACKS online training program was developed with the following goals in mind:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our travel agent partners
- Create a world class online training program that engages and educates trade partners on Rocky Mountaineer product and sales techniques;
- Create an engaging training program to educate our frontline sales agents,
- create strong brand ambassadors, and drive revenue through the trade channel;
- Provide a rich user experience that provides easily accessed content, logical learning paths, user history, and multiple content formats to support learning;
- Equip our partners with the tools and knowledge they need to grow their business.
Each year, we offer a Learning Journey Program to enable travel partners to experience a Rocky Mountaineer journey first-hand. These journeys bring travel partners onboard to experience how all the elements of Rocky Mountaineer come together to create a one-in-a-lifetime experience for our guests. Participating in a Learning Journey helps trade partners to fully understand the awe and wonder of a journey on Rocky Mountaineer, and the various activities in the overnight destinations, so they can better support their clients through the booking process. This year, Rocky Mountaineer will host hour learning journeys, welcoming close to 400 trade partners across the journeys.
From the entire Rocky Mountaineer team: Thank you to our travel agent partners!